What is a Market Positioning Template?
Are you ready to launch your product or service? For a successful launch, you'll need to stand out in your industry. To achieve this, you must focus on the customer that will benefit the most in a significant way from the value of your solution. With our free Market Positioning Template, you will be able to master your product's positioning related to your customers, thanks to its step-by-step design to help you answer key questions for your growth.
Why do you need a Market Positioning Template?
You'll need our Market Positioning Template once your product is ready. It doesn't need to be fully finalised as offerings continuously grow over time.
To ensure sustainable growth for your business, you will need to conduct this research to understand:
- Position your product within your competitive landscape.
- Create specific customers' profiles according to the niche you are looking to enter
- Create a general customer profile which helps to create a clearer and targeted messaging.
Once you've completed your market positioning research, you will have an advantage: you know how to speak to the right customers- your secret weapon.
How to use the Market Positioning Template?
The Market Positioning Template will not be a list of any kind, whether you're listing all the competitors from your marketplace, all the intricate features or all potential customers. This is a template you will safeguard, and anyone can refer back to in order to understand who you are, what your product's strengths are and who your customers are. For this research to support your growth, we invite you to think about quality, not quantity.
It will be straightforward for you to own one market segment and become the market leader rather than fight against competition where they're currently operating.
So the steps compiled in the Market Positioning Template are:
- Competitive landscape analysis (based solely on main features)
- Specific Ideal Customer Profiles (2 is a good number to aim for)
- General Ideal Customer Profile (for all your customers to understand you)